Senior Style Guide
Welcome to the Senior Style Guide! If you have any questions or want to run outfits by me, I would LOVE to help! If you want some extra inspo, Check out my Pinterest for outfit ideas! I can't wait for our session!
1. Wear what you feel good in! Wearing something uncomfortable or something you wouldn't typically wear can make you feel out of your element, and it will show! If you can’t find a dress you feel good in, but you love rock a good pair of skinny jeans, do that! If you can barely walk in heels, find some cute and comfy flat boots, sandals, or ballet flats. P.S. If you can’t quite do a heel, a wedge is a great alternative, too.
2. Stay away from fluorescents. Fluorescent colors tend to color cast on your face in photos. I always recommend versions of primary colors. Yellow (mustard), red (maroon, brick), and blue (navy, royal). Just make sure your aren't drowning in crazy colors.
3. Avoid wearing a lot of green if your session is in a grassy area. It’s just too much green! You want to stand out from your back ground, so maybe go with a small green accent instead of a green shirt or pants.
4. Layer, layer layer! Layers add dimension and depth, and I just love it! Belts, necklaces, bracelets, scarves, blazers, ect. can make a huge difference with your outfit!
5. Wear things that show your personality. These are your senior pictures. They need to show who you are! Like to dance? Bring along that tutu! Let’s capture YOU!
Let's talk makeup!
1. Make sure your foundation matches your skin tone! Make sure it is the proper color and undertone (yellow, pink) for your skin! Also make sure you blend your foundation down on to your neck! My favorite foundation is Loreal Infalible. If you have dry skin try the pro glow and if you have oily skin try the pro matte.
2. Keep your eyeshadow colors neutral. I recommend Makeup Geek and Morphe Brushes for eyeshadows. They are cheap and are AMAZING.
3. False lashes. It's totally okay to wear them or skip them, but if you are going to wear them, be sure to run a thin line of liquid liner over the band and bring glue to your session just in case! My favorite lashes are KoKo Lashes.
4. Lips. Be careful of bright or dark lipsticks. Make sure if you are going to rock a bold lip that you take your time to get the lines straight. Use concealer to help clean up the edges. If you are wearing a matte lipstick, try using a sugar scrub and intensive repair lip cream to prep your lips
5. Stay true to yourself. There is absolutely NO requirement that says you need to cake it on for your pictures. If you feel more comfortable without crazy amounts of makeup, don't do it! Your natural beauty is more than enough
Have trouble finding things that are flattering for your shape? Here's a few tips:
1. Maxi dresses are flattering on literally every body type. For reals. They are also the perfect opportunity to add some layers like we talked about!
2. Skinny jeans are flattering on most women. Pair them with some wedges or heels and your legs look a mile long! They also look super cute with riding boots or ankle booties.
3. Take a friend shopping with you. It's always nice to have an outside opinion since we can sometimes be too hard on ourselves
Favorite Places to Shop:
Price points: $-cheap, $$-average, $$$-high, $$$$-expensive
1. HM.com. Their price point is ridiculously low, and the clothes are my favorite. $-$$
2. Anthropologie.com. It's kind of pricey, but the clothes are amazing quality. $$$$
3. Freepeople.com. Free People is for all my boho chic girls. I looovveeee. $$$-$$$$
4. Forever21.com. Cute clothes with a wide variety of sizes. And you can't beat the prices! $-$$
5. Zara.com. I get lost on this site, for real. So many adorable pieces, shoes, accessories, etc. $$-$$$$
6. Nordstromrack.com. I feel like Nordstrom speaks for itself. I juusssttt love it. $$$-$$$$
7. Windsorstore.com. I. Love. Windsor. Everything is just amazing. Great prices and you can pretty much find anything for any body type. $-$$